Adrian tells Ben they will not have a child together because the pregnancy test she took was incorrect and she just got her period. Ben thinks Adrian’s lying about it and confronts her. She insists that she’s not pregnant when Ben admits that he doesn’t want to have a child with her, but she does call for counseling at the local women’s free clinic.
Ben has been avoiding Amy because of the Adrian/pregnancy situation, but when Adrian tells him she’s not pregnant Ben confesses his love for Amy. They share an amazing kiss and get back together!
Ashley convinces George to get her birth control without Anne’s permission, but Anne is furious when she finds out! Ashley lets it slip that Amy’s on birth control too. Ricky, who knows Ashley’s on the pill, acts protective of her and tells her not to have sex in high school. It becomes clear to us that something is growing between these two. Ashley is real, not manipulative, and the only girl who has ever challenged him.
Meanwhile, Jack's father wants to take a job teaching Philosophy in Arizona and asks Jack to find someone to live with for senior year. He asks Madison, but her parents refuse.
- Shailene Woodley as Amy Juergens
- Daren Kagasoff as Ricky Underwood
- Francia Raisa as Adrian Lee
- Ken Baumann as Ben Boykewich
- India Eisley as Ashley Juergens
- Greg Finley as Jack Pappas
- Megan Park as Grace Bowman
- Mark Derwin as George Juergens
- Molly Ringwald as Anne Juergens
- Steve Schirripa as Leo Boykewich