|Benjamin "Ben" Boykewich|
|Address:||Valley Glen, California|
|Occupation(s):||Employee at Boykewich Butchers|
|Family & Friends|
|Family:|| Leo Boykewich (father)|
Sarah Helen Boykewich (mother)†
Mercy Boykewich (daughter)†
Camille Boykewich (step-mother)
Chloe (adoptive sister) cute
|Relationships:|| Dylan (ex-girlfriend)|
Alice Valko (one night stand)
Adrian Boykewich (ex-wife)
Amy Juergens (ex-fiancée)
Grace Bowman (fling)
Maria Mancini (fling)
|Friends:|| Henry Miller|
Boykewich International] [Benny
|Education:||High School Senior|
|First appearance:||Falling in Love|
- Start up: Falling in Love (1x01)
- Engagement: What Have You Done to Me? (1x05)
- Underage Wedding: The Secret Wedding of the American Teenager (1x12)
- Although the marriage was not valid because they used fake IDs, Ben still called Amy his wife.
- End up: Loved and Lost (2x15)
- Reason: The stress of being a new mother was weighing on Amy and Ben was jealous of Ricky. Ben went to Italy for space and Amy was not allowed to go with him. While in Italy Ben cheated on Amy with Maria, an Italian girl he met while on his trip to Bologna.
- Start up: Do Over (3x01)
- End up: New York, New York (3x07)
- Reason: Ben told Amy that Adrian was pregnant with his baby.
- Engagement: Guess Who's Not Coming to Dinner (3x17)
- Marriage: It's Not Over Till It's Over (3x24)
- Divorce: Strange Familiar (4x20)
Adrian and Ben started to have an intimate relationship when they both wanted to get back at their ex's Amy and Ricky because of a kiss. After getting back at them, Adrian finds out she is pregnant and tells Ben in the episode Ben There, Done That. They begin spending time together and developing a relationship. She says she truly loves Ben and sleeps with him.
They then decided to get engaged and buy a condo, which they live together in. Later their daughter is stillborn.
Dylan is introduced during the graduation party. Henry points her out and Ben goes after her. Ben's dad and Dylan's parents catch Dylan and her friends smoking pot in Ben's room. They are then forbidden to see each other. After some convincing they are allowed to go out again but they accidentally burn down Dylan's school, and they are forbidden to see each other again.
Even though her friend, Wendy, told her that she overheard Ben telling Amy that he still loves her, she still wants to date Ben. They come up with this idea that her parents could meet Henry and pretend to go out with Henry, but instead meet Ben. Ben's dad finds out and forbids him from going. At her house, Henry is mad at Ben for sleeping with Alice and plans to make revenge by going out with Dylan for real. So he forces her to stay home and have a real date. Dylan is furious with Henry, but they still kiss. Dylan then finds out that Ben and Alice slept together and doesn't really want to go out with Ben anymore so she gives Henry a chance. Later, she break-ups with Henry and tells Ben and Henry that she is moving with her friends.
Ben and Ricky have come to develop a they strong bond. However this bond is contiuously tested because of the rivalry between the two how each other is feeling and tries too give advice. This rivalry was started by because Ricky got Amy pregnant, leaving Ben feeling inferior to him throughout his relationship with Amy. The rivalry is worsened when Ricky starts to gain the respect of Leo Boykewich. Ricky usually wins many of the competitions between them. Ben however continues to try and win but his father's relationship with him is both a blessing and a curse to Ben. Because Leo continues to force Ben to be the better man, but does not do this for Ricky, who he believes has no right to make judgement. Ricky's parents usually have no say in what he does and have no opinion of his morality. They both dated Adrian Boykewich and Amy Juergens.
Henry 'Hank' Miller, has been Ben's friend since the third grade. He is now dating Alice who has also become a friend of Ben's and some of the girls in school. Alice is very smart and knows a lot of factual information, while Henry is a bit more social. They have and discuss sex quite often, but fairly maturely. In the first episode, Alice pointed out Amy to Ben. In season 4 Henry breaks up with Alice and the two try "shared custody" of Ben, which is awkward and doesn't work out. In the last episode of Season 4, Alice walks in to a bedroom after a graduation party to find Henry in bed with Adrian. Angrily, she tells Ben what she found, and Ben tells Henry he is no longer welcome in his home. In season 5, Alice and Ben sleep together just for fun and when Henry finds out, he is angry with them both. However, later, all three reconcile and are friends again.
- He had his first kiss with Amy.
- He lost his virginity to Adrian and despite two means of protection concieved a child with her.
- He's been friends with Henry and Alice since third grade.
- He is the ex-fiancée of Amy Juergens.
- His best friend was Henry Miller
- He has a rivalry with Ricky Underwood.
- His daughter, Mercy, was stillborn. She was the third baby to be born on the show, but the only one to never be seen after her birth.
- He admits that he still loves Amy Juergens.
- Broke up with Dylan.
- He admits in Season 5 Episode 14 that he doesn't know if he loves Amy or is just infatuated with her.
- His break up with Adrian is the only one that he has ever really shown to make him cry.
- Despite his obsessive nature Ben is shown to be the most reliable and stronger based male characters on the show, superior to even his father. Ben is usually the person everyone turns to when they need support.
- Even though Ben is a very supportive person, he is also the character who refuses to ask for help from others. This could mainly be due to how the few times he has asked for help he is usually betrayed.
- Ben is seen by fans and characters as weak, obsessive, and immature. However through out the series it is shown his actions no matter how ignorant and arrogant have had the most positive benefit on the show to nearly every character.
- Even though Ben is immature considering both his age and much of what he has had to endure he has the uncanny ability to see the good in others. He has also been shown give the most helpful advice to others which even surpasses Dr. Fields, and his father.
- Unlike Ricky Ben never seems to have the most humble nature,and sometimes honorable nature. This ended in Season 5 B. when his character was altered severely.