|Address:||Valley Glen, California|
|Family & Friends|
|Family:|| George Juergens (father)|
Anne Juergens (mother)
Ashley Juergens (sister)
Robert Scott Juergens (maternal half-brother)
John Juergens (son)
Mimsy (maternal grandmother)
Robert Scott † (maternal grandfather)
Eva Juergens (paternal grandmother)
Tom Bowman (step-brother)
Grace Bowman (step-sister)
Kathleen Juergens (step-mother)
Victoria Smith (step-grandmother)
|Relationships:|| Ben Boykewich (ex-fiancé)|
Ricky Underwood (ex-fiancé)
Jimmy Nash (ex-boyfriend)
|Friends:|| Adrian Lee|
|Education:||Former student at Ulysses S. Grant High School|
|First appearance:||Falling In Love|
Amy Juergens is the daughter of George Juergens and Anne Scott. She is the older sister of Ashley Juergens and in the second season, the older half-sister of Robie Juergens. During season 1, Amy gives birth to her son, John Juergens, making her a teen mother.
In the earlier episode "Falling in Love", Juergens finds out she is pregnant with Ricky Underwood's child by using an Earliest Result pregnancy test. Her best friends Madison and Lauren are the first to know. She starts dating Ben, their first date being in Grace and Jack's church basement. Her sister Ashley figures out that Amy is pregnant, then Ben, and the news travels to Ricky through a rumor. Her parents find out when Amy is sitting in the kitchen in tears, and George through a phone call, and while the house is in chaos she sneaks out the window to have an abortion. She breaks down and tells Ben that she won't go through with abortion. She comes home and decides to give the baby up for adoption and while George wants Amy to keep the baby, Anne sets up adoption interviews and agrees with Amy's choice. In "Whoomp! (There It Is)" she goes into labor on the way to her baby shower. Two episodes later, she has a baby boy, and lets her sister name him John.
In Season 2, Amy struggles to balance teenage motherhood and her high school education. She also deals with the fact that her mother, Anne, is having a baby. She has to attend summer school because she failed to complete some assignments due to her pregnancy. Having heard this news, Ben becomes guilty over the job in Italy he has been offered by his uncle who lives in Bologna, a city known for its sexual freedom. Amy becomes jealous and asks to go with him. However, her parents forbid her to go because of her responsibilities at home. Amy and Ben eventually break up due to the fact that he wants more out of their relationship. Also Amy begins to develop a friendship or relationship with Ricky that makes Ben uncomfortable, because he believes Ricky is using the baby to get closer to Amy. In the midseason finale Amy agrees to have sex with Ben only if she and John are allowed to move in. Amy and Ben later break up in the halls of Grant High even though Ben asks her to talk. She later visits Ben when he is with his Italian friend Maria, where she finishes the relationship more privately and with more closure. She meets Maria, who believes that Amy is using her baby to keep Ricky and Ben close.
Amy soon meets Jimmy, her mother's high school boyfriend's son, on a trip to visit Mimsy, her grandmother, and really likes him. However, when he doesn't return her call, Amy turns to Ricky for "kissing lessons," which her sister sees the beginning of. Amy soon confronts Jimmy about him not calling her back and the two make up, but it is too late for everyone else. The incident with Ricky has already spread and causes Ben and Adrian to have sex for both revenge and comfort. Amy and Ricky later have an altercation when Ricky asks for more time with John, and equal custody. This causes conflict among all the teens who each are confused on whos' side they should take. However Amy later realizes Ricky is Johns' father and he has just as much right to him as she does. This incident causes another conflict between them when Amy realizes the custody agreement mean Ricky will get John for his first birthday. Amy in spite has a private birthday party for her and John in secret. The party that Ricky was throwing for John is later rained out and after learning of Amy's deceit, Ricky decides that John should have a party with just them, and allow Amy to spend the night as only friends. Ben see's this and becomes jealous, but realizes that Ricky and Amy are John's parents so he calls Amy in order to reveal his feelings for her, and apologizes for his actions. Amy is thrilled to hear this news, but later at the wedding party for Leo and Betty Boykewich, Amy see's Ben and Adrian leave the party together to go to his room.
At the beginning of Season 3, Ben avoids Amy due to Adrian's possible pregnancy. Ricky later visits Ben at his home and takes him to see Amy in an attempt to get them back together. With Ricky's urging, Ben and Amy talk and decide that they would give their relationship another try after Adrian tells Ben that she had a false alarm. Ashley later reveals in a fight with their mom that Amy is on the pill. Something that Amy kept from the entire family. Amy is accepted into a music program in New York, but insists she can't go because of John and her remaining schoolwork. George and Amy invite Ben for dinner, but he leaves early because he learns that Adrian is in fact pregnant. When Amy goes away to New York, she discovers that the music program is for teen mothers. When Amy does learn about Adrian's pregnancy, she is furious that Ben waited so long to tell her, and that she was the last person to know. After they break up, Ricky comes down to visit her in New York. Where they realize that they never tried to be together since Amy was always with Ben. Amy comes homes and has a heart-to-heart with Ben over their relationship. She tells Ben that he has a chance to be a father to his and Adrian's baby, and he tells her that she and Ricky should try to be a family for their son. The last moment of the season is of Amy and John eating dinner at Ricky's apartment.
Ricky and Amy suffer relationship problems, but they still love eachother.
In the series finale, Amy breaks off her engagement to Ricky Underwood and cancels their wedding, saying that while she loves him, she is not in love with him, nor is he in love with her, and he is only marrying her because of John. She says she wants to be madly in love when she gets married. She also chooses to go to Hudson University in New York, where Leo offered her the basement floor and Ben the top floor of a three floor apartment while she's in school. She comes back to the butcher shop with her parents several times as she debates whether or not to leave, even though she knows she will be back later in the summer to see John, but the last time she walks out the door she is shown not to come back. So she will get together with ben.
- Start up: Falling In Love (1x01)
- Engagement: What Have You Done to Me? (1x05)
- Underage Wedding: The Secret Wedding of the American Teenager (1x12)
- The marriage was invalid because they used fake IDs. However, both Ben and Amy still considered themselves married.
- End up: Loved and Lost (2x15)
- Reason: The stress of being a new mother was weighing on Amy and Ben was jealous of Ricky. Ben went to Italy for space and Amy was not allowed to go with him. While in Italy Ben cheated on Amy with Maria, an Italian girl he met while on his trip to Bologna.
- Start up: Do Over (3x01)
- End up: New York, New York (3x07)
- Reason: Ben told Amy that Adrian is pregnant with his baby.
- Start up: Just Say Me (2x16)
- End up: Mistakes Were Made (2x20)
- They only went on one actual date before the relationship ended.
- Reason: Jimmy finds a condom in Amy's purse, and he's not really ready to be with her and John.
[[Ricky Underwood|Ricky Underwood]]Edit
- Start up: 6 weeks before Falling in Love (1x01)
- End of: 6 weeks prior Falling in Love (1x01)
- Reason: It was just a one night stand.
- This is seen in a flashback: One Night At Band Camp (1x22)
- Reason: It was just a one night stand.
- Start up: Rules of Engagement (3x14)
- Engagement: And Circumstance (4x13)
- Fake Marriage: To Begin With... (5x01)
- Reason: She loves him but she she is no longer in love with him. However, they agreed to remain friends so they can raise John.
- She originally joined band because she had a crush on an unnamed boy, according to The Secret Diary of the American Teenager.
- She had her first kiss, lost her virginity, and became pregnant from Ricky Underwood.
- She said the sex was really bad, and it lasted only 10 Seconds.
- Dated Ben Boykewich while pregnant with Ricky Underwood's child.
- Told Ben she loved him and kept her pregnancy a secret.
- Did not tell Ben of her situation because she was debating on whether or not to sleep with Ben in order to convince Ben he was the father as Ricky suggested.
- Mother of John Juergens.
- Ricky is the only guy Amy has slept with, that we know of.
- Amy does not know Ricky cheated on her twice after they agreed to start a relationship in New York.
- Proposed to Ricky Underwood in an attempt to compete with Adrian Lee and Ben Boykewich when she learns of their engagement.
- Continued the competition with Adrian, until an incident in the hallway in the episode "Loose Lips".
- Angered Ben Boykewich in an attempt to insult his relationship with Adrian. He turned the tables and also insulted her relationship with Ricky Underwood.
- Ricky convinces Amy and John to move into his apartment above the butchershop.
- Ricky and Amy got engaged in And Circumstance (4x13).
- Ricky ahhnjnnnd Amy decided at the last minute not to elope.
- Amy doesn't really even want a wedding, but her whole family wants to plan it for her
- She lied to everyone about being married to Ricky.
- She felt nothing for her sister Ashley moving to Italy in order to attend cooking school.
- Has shown that she has no remorse for how she treats Ashley. She showed this when she told Ricky about the bike Ashley got for Christmas. She and her family also did not express any emotion for her being in another country alone for Christmas at the age of 17.
- Ben is still in love with her. He pretended they were married, while on the trip back from New York.
- Her favorite food is chicken wings.
- She wants to go to school in New York even though it means she will have to leave Ricky and John behind.
- She claims that she wants Ben to leave her alone, but does not hesitate to ask his father for help with no means of paying him back.
- Her best friends are Madison and Lauren.
- She thought she was gay so picked a wedding day of the fourth of July. After this a rumour started circulated that the 4th of July was a gay holiday.
- She was jealous of Ricky's childhood foster sister, Clementine.
- Adrian Lee and her do end up being friends, even after the kiss she had with Ricky.
- She keeps an e-diary where she admits to still wanting to be with Ben, being jealous of Adrian, and believing that Ricky and Adrian could have been happy if they'd stayed together.
- In the Series Finale of the show she graduates from Grant High, and ends her relationship with Ricky. She admits that she loves Ricky, but that she is not in love with him. Ricky asks her if she still has feelings for Ben, but no answer was shown. She later debates on whether she should leave or stay, and decides to leave Ricky and John to follow her dreams in New York.